This is a short film made for the New Zealand Book Council, featuring an excerpt from Maurice Gee's novel Going West. It's very beautiful.
FYI. Maurice Gee is one of New Zealand’s ten greatest living artists (according to Arts Foundation of New Zealand 2003).
Before I saw this I didn't know there was a genre called 'cut paper animation'. But apparently there is. And this film was awarded plenty of glint, winning an international prize for paper cut animation by New York’s Museum of Art and Design,the grand prize award at Moving Paper, an international film festival of cut paper animation and two Axis Gold awards.
So, if you are not one of the 840,000 youtube viewings that've gone before, I highly recommend the experience. The 2minutes is well worth it.
- ► 2011 (25)
- Human Commitment
- So moving. One of my colleagues in Pakistan.
- School of Thinking
- The Venus Project Tour with Jacque Fresco : traile...
- 100 Billion Galaxies. & A Lot of Work to do on Ear...
- This Thursday is World Humanitarian Day.
- Going West, Maurice Gee. Stunning.
- A real human interface. I love creative people.
- The Esther Benjamins Trust. Doing some real good w...
- What really matters is how smart the collective br...
- 24,000 Children will DIE today. We can do somethin...
- Is it true we learn from the challenges we face?
- ▼ August (12)