Sunday, August 15, 2010
The Esther Benjamins Trust. Doing some real good work in Nepal.
Very poor parents are being promised their children will receive education and money, when in truth they are being trafficked into Indian circuses, or brothels.
These families are poor, undernourished, covered in lice. They think they are sending their children to a better life. Most often they can't read or write so they make their mark on the contracts that they can't read.
Fortunately for the kids in this video (who live in at-risk areas) they were driven away to a better life through Esther Benjamins Trust.
- ► 2011 (25)
- Human Commitment
- So moving. One of my colleagues in Pakistan.
- School of Thinking
- The Venus Project Tour with Jacque Fresco : traile...
- 100 Billion Galaxies. & A Lot of Work to do on Ear...
- This Thursday is World Humanitarian Day.
- Going West, Maurice Gee. Stunning.
- A real human interface. I love creative people.
- The Esther Benjamins Trust. Doing some real good w...
- What really matters is how smart the collective br...
- 24,000 Children will DIE today. We can do somethin...
- Is it true we learn from the challenges we face?
- ▼ August (12)