Just discovered Ainslie Roberts in a documentary.
His art is really powerful and moving.
Myth lives in his paintings. And the sacredness permeates.
Magic. Awe inspiring.
He wanted to bridge the gap between white man and the native Australians. His art interprets Aboriginal legends. He spent a lot of time living and walking with the native people.
Bless him. What an amazing man. He said "I truly believe there is no end to us we just go on and on and on." 12 March 1911 - 28 August 1993.
An aside that I just heard : Did you know we look to the left for instinct, and we look to the right for logical analysis?
- ► 2011 (25)
- Another inspiring soul.
- Jeremy Gilley. Peace Day 21st September
- Midday naps assist learning...
- Who'd have thought a butchers could be so cool?
- Inspiration comes from all quarters.
- Ainslie Roberts
- A radical Kiwi electric bicycle is set to change t...
- Tell me it sucks (or otherwise)
- Don't be evil.
- Sustainability su-shmame-ability
- I've been quoted...
- We feel fine; An exploration of human emotion, in ...
- A quote that seems very real to me.
- Two desert island books.
- ▼ March (14)